5 Popular Dog Species and 3 Applications on smartphone for your pets.
Pets are one of the creature that can make their owner feel happy, reduce stress, and be companion with their owner.
As most of us know that DOG is one of the most popular pets, so this article will talk and present about “5 POPULAR DOG SPECIES”
1. PEMBROKE WELSH CORGI
The Pembroke Welsh Corgi is one of the most popular dog breeds in the world. Their adorable appearance and the fact that they are Queen Elizabeth II’s favorite dogs have turned these hard-working herding dogs into canine royalty.
Type of Welsh corgi
Actually, there are two types of Welsh corgis : the Pembroke Welsh corgi and the Cardigan Welsh corgi. They are considered two entirely different breeds because they come from different ancestors.
The most notable difference is that the Pembroke does not have a tail. On top of a tail, Cardigan Welsh corgis also have rounded ears, while Pembrokes generally have pointy ears.
What were Corgis originally bred for?
Both Pembroke and Cardigan Welsh Corgis were bred to herd livestock – herding everything from ducks to sheep and cattle. Corgis are known as “heelers” because they herd cattle by nipping at the heels of the animal. However, most Corgis are simply family companions today.
Welsh Corgi Appearance
- Welsh Corgis have a long body and short legs.
- Their legs, although not precisely long, are thick and sturdy.
- Their head is fox-shaped, and their expression is alert and clever.
- They have a black nose, round, medium-sized brown eyes, and rounded erect ears.
2. FRENCH BULLDOG
The French Bulldog is among the most popular dog breeds because they are low energy and adaptable to any home, even a small apartment. They are also comfortable living with individuals or families.
What were French Bulldogs originally bred for?
French Bulldogs were originally bred to be toy versions of the English Bulldog. French Bulldogs were popular lap dogs for lace workers in Nottingham, England in the 1800’s. When the lace workers immigrated to France for more job opportunities, they brought their companion dogs with them.
The French Bulldog came from England and was officially recognized in 1898 by the AKC (American Kennel Club). There is some disagreement about where this dog originated, but the popular idea is that this breed came from a dwarf version of the English Bulldog crossed with a Pug and Bull Terrier.
French Bulldog Appearance
- Bat Ears
The most obvious physical attribute is the bat ears that point straight up. These were originally supposed to be bred out and replaced with a droopy, rose ear. But, American Fanciers objected to this.
- Wrinkly, Smushy Face
They have wrinkly, smushy faces, which gives this breed a cute older look even as a puppy.
The Beagle is one of the top ten most popular dog breeds in America. The reasons why Beagle is popular, it’s not only an excellent hunting dog and loyal companion, but it is also happy-go-lucky, funny, and are generally easygoing.
What were Beagles originally bred for?
The Beagles originally were bred as a scenthound or known as ‘track scents‘, to track small game, mostly rabbits and hare. They were bred to hunt in packs, so they enjoy the company of other dogs and of people as well. They are still used for this purpose in many countries, including the United States.
- Beagles have a distinctive head, their skulls are also long compared to other breeds.
- Beagles’ ears are not cropped but are long enough that their ears tips could reach the end of their noses and the ends of their ears are also rounded.
- Beagles’ eyes are large and their eyes are either hazel or brown in color, according to the AKC standard.
- Beagles have a high-set tail that stays upright and usually is feather-white hair, at the end.
The Pomeranian often referred to as a “Pom Pom”. Because of its small size, soft, and fluffy fur, Pomeranian has been among the most popular of dog breeds, consistently in the top 15 of registered A.K.C. dog breeds over the last 10 years and classed as a toy dog breed because of its small size.
What were Pomeranians originally bred for?
Believe it or not, Pomeranians are actually related to big, strong pups like Husky breeds, Alaskan Malamutes and Chow Chows. Pomeranians were originally bred for jobs that you’d least expect, such as pulling sleds, guarding homes and protecting livestock. Prior to the 19th century, Poms weighed 30 pounds, but were eventually bred down to become family companions.
- Pomeranians are very small dogs.
- Pomeranians have soft and fluffy fur; their thick, fluffy tails fanning up over their backs.
- A Pomeranian’s fur can be many different colors including white, tan, black, brown, orange, sable, wolf, or white with colored markings.
- Pomeranians have almond shaped eyes.
5. SIBERIAN HUSKY
The Siberian Husky is a classic Northern dog. They not only look cute with their soft and fluffy fur, but they also friendly and intelligent to the human.
What were Siberian Huskies originally bred for?
Siberian Huskies originated in Northeast Asia where they are bred by the Chukchi or Chukchee people-an Indigenous people, for sled-pulling, guarding, and companionship. It is an active, energetic, and resilient breed. Siberian Husky’s ancestors lived in the extremely cold and harsh environment of the Siberian Arctic.
Siberian Husky Appearance
- The Siberian Husky has erect ears.
- They can have a brown or blue eyes or may be bi-eyed-a term describing a dog with one blue eye and the other brown.
- Siberian Huskies come in many colors and with a variety of unusual markings on their heads and bodies. They can be pure white to pure black and anything in between.
- Siberian Huskies may resemble the appearance of a wolf.
- Siberian Huskies are a “double-coated” breed, which consists of a topcoat and an undercoat.
Nowadays our world have tons of applications, whether it be delivery food application, booking flight and hotel application, and including PET APPLICATION.
Here are 3 FREE APPLICATIONS For Pets owner!
PetCoach is the leading source of free veterinary advice. Ask questions about your pet’s health, nutrition, behavior, or any other topic, and obtain trusted answers for free from verified veterinarians and other pet experts.
RelaxMyDog‘s music will help to calm and soothe your dog or puppy in a variety of situations such as reduce hyperactivity, minimize fear of thunder storms, calm your dog on a car journey, and more.
BringFido is the world’s leading pet travel brand and the #1 trusted resource for dog owners to find and book a pet-friendly hotels, attractions, and restaurants that welcome pet.
In case you are a dog person, but you are not able to have a dog at home. DON’T BE SAD, I will recommend you Thai Youtube channels that presenting about DOGS content and I’m sure that you will enjoy with the loveliness of them.
“มหึหมา” On Gluta Story Channel
A Thai Youtube Channel which present about the lifestyle of street dogs that ‘Yorch’, the owner of this channel, adopt all of them to be his pets.
“เพื่อนรักสัตว์เอ้ย” On Saranair Channel Channel
A Thai Youtube program which hosted by Thai comedians, Willie McIntosh and Se-Na-Hoy, and presenting by going to each breeding farms and asked for the information about each animal from the owner of the breeding farm.